Simon Associés is hosting a webinar to provide foreign companies and investors which have operations in France with a better understanding of some of the French government measures to support their businesses in France at the time of deconfinement.
The global impact of the COVID-19 pandemic has forced all governments to take action to help businesses. Business leaders must respond to the needs of their foreign subsidiaries or operations and find themselves faced with a multitude of government programs and different legal systems approach in each country. In order to be successful during these complex circumstances, businesses must be knowledgeable about and establish protocols to comply with local regulations.
This webinar will outline the key measures currently directing the ways businesses can operate in France and provide strategies for compliance.
The Webinar will address in particular the following areas:
- Corporate main measures:
- Holding meetings of corporate bodies,
- Approval of accounts,
- Impact on reorganizations,
- Financial support.
- Labour law main measures:
- Security at work,
- Employee’s right of withdrawal,
- Short time work.
- Commercial contract issues in times of deconfinement:
- Impact of the COVID-19 crisis on contract deadlines under French law
- Legal qualifications and contractual strategies relating to the COVID-19 crisis and the definition of force majeure in times of deconfinement
- Questions and answers following presentations
Intended audience : General Counsel, Assistant General Counsel, HR directors, compliance and contract directors, CFO, CEO, key strategy, financing and operational leaders with business interests in France. Please note that the Webinar will be in English
- Olivia Lê Horovitz – Partner Corporate, M&A and PE
- Anne Laurence Faroux – Partner Labour Law,
- Stéphanie De Giovanni – Partner, Contracts & Compliance
Please send us your questions, if any, in advance and we will try to answer them during the webinar.